Cerebral Palsy Attorney Ė Akron & Canton, Ohio
If your child suffered an injury at birth and has been diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy, it can be overwhelming, especially if you had a normal pregnancy and were expecting a normal delivery.
The signs of Cerebral Palsy can be quite subtle at first and may include:
Even after the initial diagnosis, Cerebral Palsy symptoms can range from mild to severe and may include:
- Delayed milestones
- A persistence of infantile reflexes that in children without cerebral palsy would normally disappear within 3-6 months after birth
- The development of handedness prior to 18 months (may indicate a weakness on one side of the brain)
The emotional and financial costs associated with raising a child with Cerebral Palsy can be challenging. If you believe your childís Cerebral Palsy is related to a birth injury or an improper delivery, you may have a claim. Itís important to consult a cerebral palsy attorney immediately to investigate the matter, as there are strict time limitations for pursuing these types of cases.
- Abnormal muscle tone or movements
- Skeletal deformities, usually on one side of the body
- Stiffening of the joints
- Mental retardation
- Speech and swallowing problems
- Hearing or vision loss
Nurse attorney Angela Vagotis has been helping families in Akron and Canton, Ohio receive fair compensation for birth injuries for 20 years. For help with your birth injury claim, contact Angela at 330-456-4122 or fill out this form.